Frostburg State University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267.284.5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Accreditors Approved by the U.S. Secretary of Education:
- BSN in Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Teacher Education Programs: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- B.A./B.S. in Athletic Training: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- College of Business programs: AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology: Master’s in Psychology Accreditation Council (MPAC)
- The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- B.A./B.S. in Recreation and Parks Management: Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation,
Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT)
- B.A./B.S. in Social Work: Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Teacher Education Programs: Also approved by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) as consistent with the Maryland Redesign of Teacher Education
- Brady Health Center: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Counseling and Psychological Services: International Association of Counseling Services
FSU Teacher Education Report Car
updated 6/12 - UNGRAD CAT SUPP