Blackboard Collaborate is a comprehensive online learning and collaboration tool designed specifically for education. It is already part of your Blackboard courses at FSU. Faculty, staff and students can create live sessions easily and free of charge, and engage an interact for teaching, learning and other purposes. You can create a session from a course, a community or even a direct session!
- Faculty can schedule and deliver live classes using Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing. Capabilities include superior voice over the internet, multi-point video, integrated teleconferencing, shared whiteboard, public/private chat, polling, best-in-class breakout rooms, application /desktop sharing, file transfer, PowerPoint import, guest participation and more. Automatically assign a grade in the Grade Center for attending a live web conference session or viewing a recorded session.
- Easily convert session recordings to MP3/MP4 formats for streaming or downloading to desktop or any mobile device directly from building block.
- Students can launch a synchronous session or recording using Blackboard Collaborate directly from Blackboard Learn for a great user experience every time - regardless of connection speed. View web conferencing sessions in the Blackboard Learn Calendar with a link to launch the session.
- Join live classes and meetings on the go from mobile devices or tablets.
For Non-Instructional Webconferencing (training, committees, meetings, etc.) Request a session here
- Conduct live skill development and training sessions for faculty, staff, and students or recording training session for on-demand viewing anytime, anywhere. Schedule online interviews for search committees and live presentations by guest speakers.
- Organize synchronous sessions on research and scholarly activities with collaborators outside of FSU.
Watch this short introduction to Blackboard Collaborate Mobile Web Conferencing
Watch this short video on how Blackboard Collaborate integrates directly into our Blackboard Learn environment!