Follow us on:
Upcoming CLC Events:
Have you registered for the Spring Festival of Children's Literature 2014?
A brand new CLC Festival App is now available at
http://my.yapp.us/CLCFSU for Apple and Android devices! The app is jam-packed with information on the schedule, small-group speakers, authors, photos, registration, and much much more. It will be particularly useful as you move from activity to activity on April 25 and 26. A big thank you to Christine Hurley for piloting and developing our very first app!
CHECK THIS OUT!!
Check out this awesome video that Kylie, a 7th grade student at Mt. Savage Middle School, made as one of her book projects for Miss. Roberta Clarke's ELA class. This book trailer features the book Ghost of Spirit Bear, written by one of our featured authors for this year's Spring Festival of Children's Literature, Ben Mikaelsen.
The 32nd Spring Festival of Children's Literature
Our Featured Authors and Illustrators:
Steve Jenkins, Melissa Sweet, Ben Mikaelsen, and Floyd Cooper
NEW this year!
Continuing Professional Development Credit
*** Check Spring Festival of Children's Literature 2014 for more information
Our Adopt-A-School: South Penn Elementary!
The Children's Literature Centre was created to promote literacy by:
- Providing a focal point for the study and dissemination of children's literature.
- Serving as the catalyst for new and innovative approaches to building the foundations of literacy through technology.
- Developing positive attitudes toward reading through a collaborative network including home, school and community.
- Working to cultivate an awareness and understanding of current children's literature, authors and illustrators.
- Building a bridge to cultural understanding through children's literature.
The Children's Literature Centre events include:
- Spring Festival of Children's Literature
- Frostburg Pirates Ahoy!
- Summer Author Institute
- CLC Book Award Banquet
- Frostburg Storybook Holiday