The fee to open a credential file is $20.00.
This fee covers all mail requests for a 7 year period that the file is active.
Please see Credential File Policy below.
The Importance of a Credential File
A credential file can be opened by any student, graduate student or alumni/ae of Frostburg State University. Credential files contain resumes, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and other notable accomplishments. Credential files are used for internships, graduate school applications, and job searches. The Office of Career Services will manage your file and mail it to your prospective employers and graduate schools upon request.
Get a Credential File Packet
It is never too early in your academic career to open a credential file at FSU. If you want to open up a credential file then you need to contact the Office of Career Services to get a Credential File Packet.
Credential File Policy
- Students will pay a one-time fee of $20.00 to activate their credential file for seven years.
- This fee will be paid to the FSU Business Office.
- The FSU Business Office will submit a paid receipt to the Office of Career Services and the file will be activated.
- The $20.00 fee covers all mail requests for a 7 year period that the file is active.
- Requests for credential files being sent to employers may be made in-person, via the phone, or in writing.
- Credential files will be deactivated and destroyed after seven years unless the holder of the file reactivates it by paying the $20 fee again, updates information in the file and continues placing updated information in the file.
- File holders must contact this office regarding reactivating files. We will not send mailings alerting file holders that the file is ready for deactivation.
Forms Available Online
The following forms are available for printing online. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the forms.
NOTE: Education majors must obtain additional forms from the Career Services Office for evaluations of student teaching.
"Experience Career Services,
It's the Best Time You'll Ever Spend!"