Welcome to the online home of Frostburg State University’s Programs Advancing Student Success (PASS). PASS is devoted to students’ success in college. With PASS, FSU students can gain access to a variety of resources that will help them develop college skills and knowledge, strengthen their metacognitive process--including problem resolution and learning to learn skills--and other tools necessary for a college student’s success.
PASS strives to further the academic opportunities of Frostburg State University students. This is accomplished by engaging students with an assortment of programs and services that will enable them to graduate and “live, work, and lead in a global environment.”*
*2009 FSU Strategic Plan
Support & Study Services Available from PASS
The following services are currently available to FSU students through PASS:
- Placement Testing: PASS conducts placement testing in math, reading, and writing for incoming freshmen and transfer students by utilizing the Nelson-Denny Reading Test and the FSU math and writing tests.
- Developmental Math (DVMT): Courses in pre-algebra mathematics (DVMT 095) and Intermediate Algebra (DVMT 100) are offered to help students develop mathematics abilities that enable them to complete mathematics courses necessary for their plan of study. Find details about these courses by clicking here.
- Language Skills Development: Language Skills Development courses enhance students’ writing, reading, comprehension, and critical thinking skills. To ensure that FSU students meet expectations, PASS places students who score below college levels in specially designed reading and writing intensive courses (see Placement Policy). To read more about these courses, click here.
- Study Skills Assistance: If you are seeking to develop or improve your study skills, PASS provides help on a one-to-one basis. You will learn techniques that can help you improve your note-taking, time-management, textbook reading, and test-taking skills.
- Academic Probation Program: PASS offers individual appointments for students on academic probation or academic warning. Appointments are designed to help students identify difficulties and provide resources to manage academic struggles.
- Tutoring: Individual and group tutoring for writing and content courses at FSU are available at the Tutoring Center.
Location and Hours of Operation
PASS is located in room 150 of Pullen Hall. The hours of operation are as follows:
|Monday - Friday
||8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Rd.
150 Pullen Hall
Frostburg, MD 21532
Contact our staff