You're seeing this message because you're using an older version of Internet Explorer that is unsupported on our website. Please use these links to upgrade to a modern web browser that fully supports our website and protects your computer from security risks.
FSUBusiness Faculty Development Committee
- Standard. A Department Chair shall serve ex officio on this committee.
The Committee shall:
- Send the annual 'Call for Journal Award Applications' each September 1. Collect and review individual faculty member's journal award application and determine awards (application deadline is Sept. 30). Notify faculty of award allocations on or before October 15 of each year;
- Maintain the college's journal classification list (CoB 'A' and 'B' journal list). Send annual 'Call for Updates' to the Journal Classification List each February 1. Review any department proposals submitted by teh deadline of March 1. Notify department faculty of decision by April 1 (dept faculty may appeal to CEC by April 20);
- Maintain the 'Extra Mile' Award. Send out the 'Call for Department Nomination' for the Extra Mile Award each February. Collect each department's nomination (allowed one nomination per dept) by March 1. Determine each award recipient and notify college faculty by April 1. Awards presented each May at the CoB Honors Reception;
- Determine ways and means to stimulate, support, and improve continuing faculty intellectual development and faculty involvement in academic and professional endeavors/organizations;
- Periodically review and make recommendations for improvement to the college's Professional Development Support policy (see Process Manual, Process E.2); and
- Other relevant duties as charged by the Dean.
Carol Gaumer (ex-officio)
Jeff McClellan (Chair)