313 Compton Science Center
Ph.D. - West Virginia University
M.S. - Western Kentucky University
B.S. - University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
Current And Recent Courses Taught
- Introductory Biology for General Biology Majors
- Invertebrate Zoology
Research Projects Highlight
I am broadly interested in the effects of disturbance on stream food webs and stream invertebrate communities.
Selected Recent Publications
Environmental factors affecting the distribution of aquatic invertebrates in temporary ponds in Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky, USA. Studinski, J.M. and S.A. Grubbs. Hydrobiologia (2007) 575:211-220
The effects of riparian forest disturbance on stream temperature, sedimentation, and morphology. Studinski, J.M., K.J. Hartman, J.M. Niles, and P. Keyser. Hydrobiologia (2012) 686:107-177
Selected Recent Presentations
- Northeast Fish and Wildlife Annual Conference, 2012, Charleston, WV: A comparison of summer diets of age-0 Brook Trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) in nine Central Appalachian streams.
- AFS Annual Meeting, 2011, Seattle, WA: The effects of small scale riparian disturbance on fish habitat and food sources in forested streams.
- AFS Annual Meeting, 2009, Nashville, TN: Influence of riparian forest manipulations on habitat and food sources of brook trout.
- AFS Annual Meeting, 2008, Ottawa, ON: Influence of riparian forest cover manipulation on terrestrial invertebrate inputs into headwater streams.
- Southern Division of the AFS Spring Meeting, 2008, Wheeling, WV: Influence of riparian forest cover manipulations on terrestrial invertebrate inputs into headwater streams.
- Southern Division of the AFS Student Colloquium, 2007, Charleston, WV: The effects of logging and large woody debris addition on stream morphology.
- Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (SEAFWA), 2007, Charleston, WV: The effects of logging and large woody debris addition on stream morphology.
- Society for Freshwater Science, 2005, New Orleans, LA: Factors affecting macroinvertebrate assemblages in autumnal wetlands at Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky.
Last Updated on 11-28-2014 at 10:51:22 PM