Administration and Supervision
- To provide background in major content areas of administration including: general administration, curriculum instruction, finance and business operations, school-community relations, personnel services, staff development, pupil services, facilities operation, organization and structure, and human relations.
- To provide background in theories appropriate to the field and to require student application.
- To provide opportunities for students to practice the administrative / supervisory skills through simulation, role playing, inbasket, and group activities as well as field experiences.
- To provide knowledge, application, analysis, and reflection of current thought and research in the field.
- To provide knowledge, recognition, and ability to work with individual differences and capabilities of children and adults.
- To provide a capstone experience which integrates the program's content and skills with on-site activities and assessment.
- To meet accreditation standards for the state of Maryland through the Maryland Instructional Leadership Framework, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), and the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), as well as other mandated regulations.
Administration & Supervision Coordinator:
Dr. William Childs / Phone: 301-687-4216 Framptom Hall 216, Frostburg, MD 21532