The mission of the FSU "Bachelor of Science in Engineering" program is to provide excellent undergraduate education in engineering, to establish close partnership with and facilitate technology transfers to industry and government, to contribute to economic development within the state of Maryland, specifically in the Western Maryland region, and to provide related service to the campus community and community at large.
Program Educational Objectives
Within the first few years following graduation, alumni of the FSU BS in Engineering program will demonstrate
- Broad Knowledge of mathematics, physical science, and engineering science with emphasis in selected concentration areas of engineering to be successful in government, industry, private companies, and interdisciplinary graduate programs;
- Professional Skills to function in multidisciplinary teams, use modern instruments, computers, and engineering software to solve engineering problems, perform research and participate in design projects;
- An understanding of professional responsibility to evaluate their ethical obligations to society, employers, employees, and peers;
- Motivation for Life-Long Learning to update their technical knowledge and understanding of societal and contemporary issues.
The students of Frostburg "Bachelor of Science in Engineering" program will demonstrate throughout the curriculum
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues in engineering
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for electrical engineering practice.