MUSIC SCHOLARSHIPS: INCOMING STUDENTS
2014 Scholarship Audition Date:
(Snow Date March 13th)
Thursday, March 6th
Friday, February 28, 2014
@ 5:00 p.m.
Award amounts vary from $250 to $1000. The actual award is dependent upon the availability of funds as determined by the FSU foundation or the funding source. The final decision on award amounts is determined by the FSU foundation or the stated funding source. PLEASE NOTE: AN AUDITION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Nadean A. Gordon Presidential Merit Scholarship for Vocal Music
- Guild Scholarship
- Aden Lewis Music Scholarship
- Music Achievement Award
- Lawrence McDonald Scholarship for Clarinet Study
- Betty Jane Phillips Scholarship
- Robert Pusey Memorial Scholarship
- Marguerite Witmer Richards Endowed Scholarship.
- Mabel Myers Memorial Music Scholarship
- Henry A. Smith, Jr. Music Management Scholarship
- Margaret Ager Smith Scholarship
- Charlie and Wanda Steiner Memorial Scholarship for Keyboard Study
- Travaskis Scholarship
- Talent in the Arts/Leadership Award
In addition to this application, the following must be submitted:
- A copy of your formal acceptance letter to FSU. If you do not have a copy of this letter or have questions about the status of your application, please contact FSU Admission Office @ 301-687-4102.
- A copy of your high school and/or college transcript(s). This is in addition to the copy sent to admissions.
- If an accompanist is required, a copy of the music must be included with your application. Accompanists for vocalists will be provided at no charge. Accompanists for instrumentalists are not required but may be supplied by the student, if desired. Taped accompaniments are not allowed.
Attach two letters of recommendation:
- For instrumentalists, a letter from high school band director. For vocalists, a letter from high school choir director.
- AND another letter from a private instructor or other teacher.
Important Considerations and Notes
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Return this application and other materials to:
Dr. Mark Gallagher, Chair
FSU Department of Music
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532
Music Scholarship Application - Incoming Students