MUSIC SCHOLARSHIPS: INCOMING STUDENTS
2014 Scholarship Audition Date:
(Snow Date March 13th)
Thursday, March 6th
Friday, February 28, 2014
@ 5:00 p.m.
Award amounts vary from $250 to $1000. The actual award is dependent upon the availability of funds as determined by the FSU foundation or the funding source. The final decision on award amounts is determined by the FSU foundation or the stated funding source. PLEASE NOTE: AN AUDITION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Nadean A. Gordon Presidential Merit Scholarship for Vocal Music
- Guild Scholarship
- Aden Lewis Music Scholarship
- Music Achievement Award
- Lawrence McDonald Scholarship for Clarinet Study
- Betty Jane Phillips Scholarship
- Robert Pusey Memorial Scholarship
- Marguerite Witmer Richards Endowed Scholarship.
- Mabel Myers Memorial Music Scholarship
- Henry A. Smith, Jr. Music Management Scholarship
- Margaret Ager Smith Scholarship
- Charlie and Wanda Steiner Memorial Scholarship for Keyboard Study
- Travaskis Scholarship
- Talent in the Arts/Leadership Award
Important Considerations and Notes
In addition to this Department application ALL students are required to do a University scholarship application to be eligible for any scholarship. Applications are completed through the STARS online form which can be found here: STARS online login. Note: Incoming new students will need to contact the FSU Finacial Aid office, 301-687-4301, to obtain a username and password in order to complete the online application process.
STARS application instructions can be found at the following link: STARS instructions PDF
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must have received your formal acceptance letter to FSU to be eligible to audition for Music scholarships. If you have not received your letter or have questions about the status of your application, please contact the Admissions Office @ 301-687-4102.
- If an accompanist is required, fax, mail or email a copy of the music to the Department of Music – see information below. Accompanists for vocalists will be provided at no charge. Accompanists for instrumentalists are not required but may be supplied by the student, if desired. Taped accompaniments are not allowed.
- Submit letters of recommendation to the Department of Music - see information below. For instrumentalists, a letter from high school band director. For vocalists, a letter from high school choir director. ALSO submit another letter from a private instructor or teacher.
'For more information, contact:
Dr. Mark Gallagher, Chair
FSU Department of Music
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532
Music Scholarship Application - Incoming Students