Information & Resources for Graduates > Ceremony Lineup, Honors, Cording, Diplomas & Transcripts
Make a selection below for more information on any subject.
- Graduates' processional lineup is done 45 minutes before each ceremony. All graduates should report to the auxiliary gym (click here for building map) with their cap and gowns. The Registrar's Office will organize you alphabetically and by College.
- Be sure to bring the name card that was packaged with your cap and gown. This is the card that the College Marshals will use to announce your name. If you're concerned about pronunciation of your name, contact your Marshal during lineup.
- Don't worry about taking a program with you. There will be programs pre-set at your seat.
- Eligibility for honors is based on your cumulative grade point average as of the beginning of the semester in which you graduate.
- Students graduating with honors will receive gold tassels in their cap and gown packet.
- If you have questions about honors designation, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Some organizations provide cording (woven cords of various colors ending in tassels) for their graduating seniors. Cording of recognized student organizations is allowed.
- Explanations of cording are provided in the Commencement program at each ceremony.
- If you have a question about the cording for your organization, contact your faculty advisor.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address upon confirmation of your completion of all degree requirements (e.g., if you still have incompletes or internship reports yet to file). Usually, diplomas are mailed in late January for December graduates and late June for May graduates.
- The diploma shows the degree earned--not your major and minor.
- Transcripts will be available after each semester's graduates have been cleared and the degrees are posted to the University's academic records (this is usually accomplished within 4-6 weeks after Commencement).
- Commencement honors are recalculated after the students' final semester grades are recorded.
- Where appropriate, the teacher certification and social work certification is posted.
- Students should request their transcript online through Parchment. For more information, go to www.frostburg.edu/admin/regoff/records/transcript-requests/ .