Endowments and Scholarships
Frostburg State University has always served students who might not otherwise afford a college education. The FSU Foundation has many scholarship programs available to help close the gap left by both decreases in State funding and increasing student need.
Presidential Merit Scholarships:
- Class rank
- SAT scores in the upper quartile
- GPA of 3.5.
- Financial need may be considered
- Emergency scholarship program to assist students with the greatest need
- Full-time students with 3.0+ GPA
- Special circumstance at any time of year which hinders student's ability to afford college expenses
- Examples include, but are not limited to: death of parent or spouse; loss of income by parent, student, or spouse; divorce of parent or student; loss of federal benefits; unusually high medical expenses.
- Provide annual awards in perpetuity utilizing earned income based on the Foundation’s annual spending policy
- Requires a minimum contribution of $10,000 which may be accomplished over a period of not more than five years (or a planned or deferred gift in force)
- A Memorandum of Understanding ensures that special conditions or provisions relating to the gift and its original intent are honored.
- Require a minimum guarantee of $500 annually
- A Memorandum of Understanding states the award criteria.
- Funds must be received by March 15 to award the next academic year.
- No awards will be made prior to receiving funding.
For more information please call 301.687.4161 or toll free 866.241.3296.