You're seeing this message because you're using an older version of Internet Explorer that is unsupported on our website. Please use these links to upgrade to a modern web browser that fully supports our website and protects your computer from security risks.
Our mission is to provide opportunities to inspire visitors of all ages to become interested in and inquire about scientific fields of study, improve science literacy and promote scientific discovery in Western Maryland with the use of an informal museum style teaching and learning environment. Frostburg State University’s Science Discovery Center will be designed to introduce the community, including K-12 and university students, to multidisciplinary concepts and ideas, including sustainability, conservation, culture and art, through interactive/interpretive programing and experiential education including hands-on activities. We plan to accomplish these goals through interdisciplinary collaboration and partnerships throughout the university and community by using the inventory of the Center to explore the concepts taught within the academic disciplines on campus
What is the FSDC?
The Frostburg Science Discovery Center is an interactive learning science museum at Frostburg State University, located in Western Maryland. The FSDC is dedicated to educating the general public in all fields of science, from the social sciences to the physical sciences.
The FSDC started with a very large and generous donation of animal mounts from all over the world. This collection was donated by Dr. Joseph Cavallaro. For more information, see our "Exhibits" page.
We have a wide variety of programs and exhibits that will be frequently changed and updated, so please check back often to learn what we have to offer!
Inspire people of all ages to become interested in and inquire about scientific fields of study
1. Increase the number of K-12 students and community members exposed to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines.
2. Increase the access that current CLAS students have to the research and activities going on in other departments.
3. Increase awareness of the community projects and activities conducted by the college.
1. Offer exciting, interactive and hands on displays for people of all ages
2. Provide programs and workshops for STEM educations.
3. Showcase research and outreach projects implemented by the college.