Frostburg State University's 2000-2001 International Film Series begins with "Four Days in September" on Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. in Lane Center room 201. The series is sponsored by Center Stage and the Lane Center & Campus Activities.
Based on a true story, this 1998 Portugese drama with English subtitles focuses on an actual event that occurred in Rio de Janeiro during 1969. A group of naïve young revolutionaries kidnap the American ambassador to protest the Brazilian dictatorship in power and demand the release of 15 political prisoners. Critics praised Alan Arkin's restrained performance as the ambassador, who turns out to be a more sympathetic character than expected. The film is rated R and runs for one hour and 45 minutes.
The remaining films in the series include the following titles:
· "La Cage Aux Follies" - Tuesday, October 3 - French with English subtitles
· "Carne Tremula" - Tuesday, November 7 - Spanish with English subtitles
· "East is East" - Tuesday, December 5
· "The Truce" - Tuesday, February 6 - Italian with English subtitles
· "Arbre Los Ojos" - Tuesday, March 6 - Spanish with English subtitles
· "Rosetta" - Tuesday, April 3 - Spanish with English subtitles
· "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" - Tuesday, May 1 - British
All film showings are free and open to the public. For information, contact the
Lane Center Information Desk at 301-687-4411.
FSU is committed to making all of its programs, services and activities accessible to persons with disabilities. You may request accommodations through the ADA Compliance Office, 301-687-4102, TDD 301-687-7955.
For further information on this release, contact:
Office of News and Media Services
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532-2303