The Activities for Life Center at Frostburg State University, in conjunction with the Western Potomac Chapter of the American Red Cross, will offer a Lifeguard Certification Class.
The class will be held at the FSU Cordts Physical Education Center. Instructor will be Dr. Troy Strieby.
These classes are for strong swimmers and dedicated students only. All participants must be available to participate in the entire course. Refunds will not be given after the start of the course. Registration deadline for both classes is Monday, Oct. 22.
Class dates are as follows:
· Thursday, Oct. 25, from 5 to 7 p.m. in Cordts 103 and 7:30 to 10 p.m. in the pool;
· Friday, Oct. 26, from 4 to 10 p.m. in Cordts 103;
· Saturday, Oct. 27, 9 a.m. to noon in Cordts 103 and 1 to 5 p.m. in the pool, as well as 6 to 9:30 p.m. in Cordts 103 and the pool;
· Sunday, Oct. 28, from 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 7 p.m. in the pool and 7 to 9 p.m. in Cordts 103 ;
· Tuesday, Oct. 30, from 6 to 10 p.m. in Cordts 103;
· Sunday, Nov. 4, in the pool from 8 p.m. until water testing is complete.
There will also be a Lifeguard Instructor Course running at the same time, with the addition of Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 5 to 9 p.m. in Cordts 105.
For more information and registration contact Amy Nazelrod, AFL Center Coordinator at (301) 687-7934.
FSU is committed to making all of its programs, services and activities accessible to persons with disabilities. To request accommodations through the ADA Compliance Office, call (301) 687-4102, TDD (301) 687-7955.
For further information on this release, contact:
Office of News and Media Services
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532-2303