A roundtable discussion on the looming prospect of war with Iraq will be held at Frostburg State University on Thursday, Feb. 20, at 7 p.m. in the Leake Room of the Cordts Physical Education Center. Speakers will share insights from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds. The public is invited to attend and participate.
The panel will include the following members of the FSU campus community:
* Skott Brill, Department of Philosophy, will analyze the proposed war from the perspective of the Just War Theory.
* James Hagen, Department of History, will examine the implications of a possible war for the Middle East.
* Steve Hartlaub, Department of Political Science, will present the case for going to war.
* Larry Neumark, United Campus Ministry, will discuss the reaction of church leaders to the prospect of war.
* Steve Twing, Department of Political Science, will discuss the risks of war.
FSU Provost Steve Simpson will serve as moderator. The panelists will present brief presentations designed to stimulate an interactive discussion between the panel and members of the audience.
Sponsors of the roundtable include the Department of Political Science, The Center for International Education, the FSU International Relations Club and the Philosophy.
For more information, call Twing at (301) 687-3097.
FSU is committed to making all of its programs, services and activities accessible to persons with disabilities. You may request accommodations through the ADA Compliance Office, (301) 687-4102, TDD (301) 687-7955.
For further information on this release, contact:
Office of News and Media Services
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532-2303