Activities Scheduled Nov. 3-12
Frostburg State University’s campus community is invited to take charge of their personal health and make informed decisions about wellness by participating in a variety of fun activities during CHILLVILLE, a two-week series of wellness activities Nov. 3 through Nov. 12 at FSU.
“CHILLVILLE is going to be an energizing time on campus when all Bobcats can re-integrate wellness into their lives,” said April Baer, Project Coordinator for University Wellness at FSU. “During these two weeks, students will be able to get a free biomedical screening. This fasting screening will allow students to learn their current health condition in regards to BMI (body-mass index), blood pressure, blood glucose and more. Every student participant will receive a free CHILLVILLE T-shirt as well as be eligible for door prizes, hourly drawings and two weekly drawings for new iPod Shuffles.”
CHILLVILLE is organized as part of “Creating Healthy, Informed Lasting Lifestyles (CHILL),” FSU’s new wellness initiative established to promote health practices and education among college students and the local community. CHILL is funded by a $228,225 contribution from AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP.
CHILLVILLE includes a variety of events dealing with mental and physical health. The campus community is warmly invited to check out the following activities:
- From 8 to 10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, the student organization Active Minds will present “CHILL Out—It’s Just Mental Health.” Come meet with Active Minds to learn about mental wellness and get a chance to win door prizes.
- Check out all the campus and community organizations that support wellness and learn how to integrate wellness into your life during “CHILL ‘Burg Style” Wellness Vendor Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 4, in the Lane University Center’s Alice R. Manicur Assembly Hall.
- Get more informed about the state of your health by taking advantage of free body composition, blood pressure and lipid screenings aka “The CHILL Factors” from 8:30 a.m. to noon, during four days: Wednesday, Nov. 5, Thursday, Nov. 6, Tuesday, Nov. 11, and Wednesday, Nov. 12, all in the Lane Center Room 201. Free T-shirts for all participants and lots of great door prizes will be distributed through daily and weekly drawings.
- Shout and let it all out during Active Minds’ “Shout Out, CHILL Out!” from 1 to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 6, at the FSU Clock Tower and the Lane University Center’s ARMAH. Come gather to shout out all your stress at the FSU Clock Tower at 1 p.m. followed by a relaxation and meditation event in the ARMAH.
- Get your game on during FSU’s Student Government Association’s “Still CHILL and Ballin’ Dodgeball Tournament” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 11, in the Lower Gym of the Harold J. Cordts Physical Education Center, room 164. Teams of six are encouraged to attend—sign up in advance in the SGA Office or e-mail SGA Sen. Josh Humelsine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name, team members and team members’ e-mail addresses. Teams may also sign up on site to participate. Come for fun, exercise and bragging rights! First, second and third prizes will be awarded during this great event.
“CHILLVILLE will be an amazing time on campus to explore new avenues of wellness. We encourage all of our Bobcats to come out and have a CHILL time!” Baer said.
For more information about CHILL, contact Baer at 301-687-4311 or by e-mailing email@example.com. To learn more about FSU, visit www.frostburg.edu. For more information about AstraZeneca, please visit www.astrazeneca-us.com.
FSU is committed to making all of its programs, services and activities accessible to persons with disabilities. To request accommodations through the ADA Compliance Office, call 301-687-4102 or use a Voice Relay Operator at 1-800-735-2258.
For further information on this release, contact:
Office of News and Media Services
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532-2303