Professionals who have some administrative and supervisory experience will gain invaluable new skills and content knowledge necessary to become upper level managers in public, non-profit and commercial agencies in the parks and recreation field. Individuals with degrees in allied fields who are currently working in the park and recreation field are encouraged to apply and will find the program professionally and personally fulfilling.
Listed below are several key reasons why students choose our program for their course of study:?
- The program is designed for professionals working in the field who want to cultivate and develop their administrative skills.
- The program is offered totally online with new cohorts starting every fall.
- Online orientation, held on various dates mid-August through early September, is designed to help orient students regarding the program, provide online training, introduce students to faculty and enjoy some social interaction prior to the beginning of their educational journey.?
- The program utilizes a cohort system where a group of students completes the program together.?
- Two, 6-week intensive courses will be offered online every semester in order for students to complete the program in 2½ years. There will be a one week break in between classes.
- Although we don't require students to attend NRPA, we certainly encourage their attendance as an opportunity to meet and socialize with fellow classmates and faculty in person.
- The fall break will typically fall during the National Recreation and Parks Association Congress, or the last two weeks of October. We will also take a break during Thanksgiving since the University is closed and services are not available.
- Introduced to distinguished faculty members and four seasoned, upper level practitioners in the field throughout their required courses. See “Meet our Faculty” for more information about our faculty.
- Students will have the option of selecting from five thesis templates to complete a final project that will focus on providing professional advancement within their professional careers.