Dear Prospective Students,
Welcome to the online graduate program in Recreation and Parks Management at Frostburg State University! This is a premier program designed for professionals who have some administrative and supervisory experience interested to gain invaluable new skills and content knowledge necessary to become upper level managers in public, non-profit and commercial agencies in the parks and recreation industry. Individuals with degrees in allied fields who are currently working in the park and recreation field are strongly encouraged to apply and we know they will find the program professionally and personally fulfilling. GetEducated.com rates FSU's 30-credit hour program that can be completed in 2 years as a "Best Buy."
Listed below are several key reasons why students choose our program for their course of study:
- The program is designed for professionals working in the recreation and parks management industry who want to cultivate and develop their administrative skills.
- The program is offered totally online with new cohorts starting every fall.
- Online orientation, held on various dates mid-August through early September, is designed to help orient students regarding the program, provide online training, introduce students to faculty and enjoy some social interaction prior to the beginning of their educational journey.
- The program utilizes a cohort system where students' progress through courses with a consistent group of classmates, building a professional network in the field among their peers.
- Two, 6-week intensive courses will be offered online every semester in order for students to complete the program in 2 years. There will be a one week break in between classes.
- Take part in engaging online assignments that take you into your community. Share project findings online with others in your cohort from around the country and the world, greatly expanding the breadth and depth of the program content beyond what it would be if you were all working in one location on the same project site.
- Although we don't require students to attend NRPA, we certainly encourage their attendance as an opportunity to meet and socialize with fellow classmates and faculty in person.
- Introduced to distinguished faculty members and four seasoned, upper level practitioners in the field throughout their required courses. See “Meet our Faculty” for more information about our faculty.
- Students will have the option of selecting from five thesis templates to complete a final project that will focus on providing professional advancement within their professional careers.
Please explore our website for further details about the program and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you throughout the graduate program!
Natalia Buta, Ph.D.
Coordinator, RPM Online Graduate Program
Frostburg State University
301-687-4458 or 352-870-9533