Canal boat replica.
Field trip to Canal Place.
Top Ten Reasons Students Choose a RPM Major
The following is a Top Ten List of reasons why students consider Recreation and Parks Management as their major.
- The program emphasizes experiential education. Most courses utilize activities and experiences upon which to build experience, knowledge, skills and ability.
- It is fun.
- You learn life-long skills. The emphasis is on leadership and programming skills in a recreation setting. These are basic skills that are applicable to other career settings.
- The program is accredited by the NRPA/AALR, the professional organization of the discipline. It is one of approximately 100 programs in the country that meets the accreditation standards.
- The faculty have distinguished themselves professionally at the local, state and national levels.
- The faculty work closely with students to prepare them for entry into the field. This includes experiential learning in their courses and advising.
- There are a lot of career choices. A list of many career options is listed under the Community Program Delivery Concentration.
- In addition to the Community Program Delivery Concentration, there are concentrations in Adventure Sports, Hospitality Management and Tourism, and Therapeutic Recreation.
- If you would like, you can complete the entire four year program from Frostburg in Recreation and Parks Management outside of Baltimore at the CCBC Catonsville Campus.
- In addition to the major, you can complete the Therapeutic Recreation Concentration outside of Baltimore at the CCBC Catonsville Campus.
These are a few of the reasons why Recreation and Parks Management is the choice of many students. Click on the highlighted text above or the buttons on the left and travel directly to a site addressing that item. Enjoy!