You're seeing this message because you're using an older version of Internet Explorer that is unsupported on our website. Please use these links to upgrade to a modern web browser that fully supports our website and protects your computer from security risks.

Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Google Chrome

Internet Explorer 8

Hide this message

FSU Tag Line

Health Services at Frostburg

Girls walking

FSU provides health services and education uniquely designed to meet the developmental and educational needs of University students.



Brady Health Center

Brady Health CenterStudent healthcare services are administered through the University's Brady Health Center.

The Health Center is accredited by the AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care). The services of the Health Center are available to all currently enrolled students. The health services program emphasizes prevention of health problems and offers direct health services combined with referrals to community health agencies, hospitals and specialists.

Visit the Brady Health Center web site for complete information.



Counseling and Psychological Services

CounselingThe University offers a variety of counseling and developmental services to students and the University community.

The services are accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services and are provided by Licensed Psychologists, a Licensed Professional Counselor -Clinical, supervised graduate practicum students, and a consulting Psychiatrist.

There are no fees charged to FSU students. Counseling sessions are usually fifty minutes in length, once a week, and are scheduled by contacting the secretary at 301/687-4234.

Visit the Counseling and Psychological Services web page for details.

Wellness at Frostburg State University

FSU also offers several Wellness initiatives for student and staff. Visit the Student Wellness page for complete information.



Check the University Student Billing Office website for further details:

See the Academic Calendar for specific deadline dates


University Withdrawal with a Leave of Absence

University Withdrawal with a Leave of Absence - this is good for up to a year and prevents you from having to reapply to the University.  To be eligible, you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at the end of your last term of enrollment.  When applying for a leave of absence, you are also required to fill out the University Withdrawal form.  The leave of absence form must be received no later than the last day of the drop/add period in your first semester of leave.   If you cannot return within one calendar year, the University Withdrawal will take effect.

In order to withdraw from the University or request a leave of absence please fill out the forms provided below.

Send requests via:

Mail: Frostburg State University
ATTN: Office of the Registrar
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532

Fax:  301-687-4597

You may also withdraw from the University or request a leave of absence by e-mailing the Registrar's Office from your Frostburg e-mail account only.


If you have any additional questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at 301-687-4281.

Forms & Letters

University Withdrawal Cover Letter

University Withdrawal Form

Leave of Absence Form

For more information on the University Withdrawal and Leave of Absence procedures, read the Academic Regulations in the Undergraduate University Catalog.