The Truth About Drinking at FSU
- According to the 2015 CORE Survey, 17% of FSU students reported that they do not drink.
- FSU students who drink reported drinking an average of 2.8 drinks per week.
- Only 23% of FSU students reported smoking marijuana in the last 30 days.
National Statistics from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 1,800 college students per year die across the nation due to alcohol-related causes
- 600,000 students suffer non-fatal injuries
- More than 100,000 students were too intoxicated to know whether they consented to sexual intercourse
- 2.8 million students admit to driving under the influence
- 696,000 students are assaulted by another student under the influence of alcohol
- 97,000 students are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape